Friday, September 10, 2010

A Few Projects

Billy was on vacation for 3 WEEKS!! He had a honey-do list with about 100 things on it and I think he crossed off 3 maybe 4. But oh well 3 is better than nothing, and we had a great time just hanging out and doing nothing.

This little rocking chair I found next to a dumpster when I was out running errands, when I got it out of the car Billy said, "what did you bring home now." I caught a picture just as he started painting it, but it was just some beat up old wood, and with a 3 dollar can of purple spray paint (I let Regan pick the color).

WAH-LA: I just wish we had three, they are always fighting over who gets to sit in it while watching TV. But they love it!! McKenna's not so sure about it in this picture.
Next was the hallway in between the girl's room, so boring and bare. I thought about some pictures of the family but we have so many family picture walls, then I saw this idea on another blog and I loved it.


Some moulding and painted close-pins, the girls think it is the greatest thing, a whole wall of their artwork. And it frees up my fridge, they love to change the pictures and thankfully no more "Why did you throw that picture in the garbage mom?" (Riped my heart and they were catching on that I always blamed dad, even when he wasn't home)

I think it needs a saying above it, probably in vinyl. I was thinking IMAGINE & CREATE, what do you think? Now back to that TO DO List that keeps getting longer.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love the handing picture idea....I was just looking for something like that to put in our playroom...now I can't choose between your molding idea or putting them across some wire.....like done here: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/star-art-cable/?pkey=dwall-accessories

I love it though, looks awesome!

megandrew said...

This is sweet!
Do not throw any more of those works of art in the trash. They are MASTERPIECES! I will pay top dollar for any of them!

~Andrew