Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Snake Bite

Our poor big, dumb, curious dogs both messed with a snake and got bit. The snake got caught in the net over the garden, we think Max got bit first because he is much worse than Gus. When I got home this morning from running errands, both the dogs faces were swollen, we rushed them to the vet and they should both be fine. We need to watch them for 72 hours, Gus is totally himself again but Max's face is so droopy and I can tell he is in a lot of pain. Poor puppy's, next time run away!!
The bit marks, ouch.



The snake was all tangled in the net and the dogs must have killed but not before he got them. It was definitely a copperhead, very poisonous!! Yikes, the kids play back there. We live right behind a bayou and it has been so hot they are coming here to look for water and prey.


The brave snake hunter, we all looked pretty awesome with are cowboy boots and shorts.



6 comments:

Kate said...

I would never get that close to a dead snake to take a picture! I am way too afraid of them!!!! I hope the dogs heal fast.

Todd and Julie said...

At least it wasn't your kids that got bit! How awful. I would definitely be afraid to hang out back there. I am glad the dogs are okay.

Ryan & Keri said...

Oh my gosh, Rene! That is so scary!!! I'm creeped out just from looking at the pics! Glad your dogs are okay.

Steph said...

Holy Crap Rene!!! I am glad it wasn't the girls! I killed a 6 inch garden snake in my yard last week- and I thought we had "things" living in the backyard! Poor doggies!

Castaneda 5 said...

They are such good guard dogs! They took the bite so the snake couldn't get close to the house and the kids! That is a big snake too! I am so glad the dogs will be okay.

Elise said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so horrible! And that snake is scary! So sad for your doggies, but so happy that it wasn't your girls!