Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Awww, my little sewers!!

I normally don't care if they are looking at my sewing machine and projects but a few weeks ago I got a brand new sewing machine and I am in LOVE!! Its not my dream sewing machine but that one was $2000 and Billy said NO, but this one is great. It has so many more options than my old one, and now I have a list of a bunch of new projects I want to make. I love when the girls come in and watch me, it reminds me of when I was a little girl watching my Grandma Taylor in amazement; my skill level is no where near hers but I know some things I've made would have made her proud. I hope I can teach my girls how much fun it is to make things with your own and hands and how much everyone loves getting a home-made gift. I think it really is a fading art form. But it is such a stress release for me, and I can totally tell when I just need to sit down and sew something!! Right after I took this picture they went crazy and start unraveling bobbins, and were banished from my sewing room, forever!!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Yay for a new sewing machine! I know that feeling of needing to just sit down and sew, and I haven't indulged it in far too long. I recognize your fabric on your folding chair, made my mom an apron from it for Christmas. We have good taste! Your little girls have a great teacher and example in you!