Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Extreme Makeover: Table Edition

From an earlier post we just got a new kitchen table and put our old table in the "Formal" dining room. I really liked this table it has just be beaten up a little from several moves and several kiddos, so we decided to re-stain and paint. I saw another table I wanted to buy but thought "we can do that to this table." Billy was skeptical as always when it comes to my ideas, but I told him with or without you I'm going to do this. So he helped because he is a good husband. First we painted the chairs with primer and spray painted them, Heirloom White.

Billy sanded the table top down to the naked wood and stained it dark to match the banisters and the entry area table. Side Note: when he was staining he pulled out this jumpsuit thing, he came in to ask me something and I was cleaning so I just saw him out of the corner of my eye and thought the "Jumpsuit Murder" had come to kill me!! Scared me to death.

AFTER
I love the way it turned out! It's better than I imagined it in my head, now this room is no where near finished, it needs some serious paint and curtains, but its coming along. I was going to re-cover the chair but I really like the brown vinyl and they are always kid-friendly. I went ahead and distressed all the chairs and the table legs, that way I wouldn't get so upset when the kids do something to which is inevitably going to happen anyways.


7 comments:

Val said...

Oooo, this is awesome! Good job, I love it!

Jill said...

That looks amazing...the table that is...though a jump suit is...well...I'll leave that alone. Good work!

Steph said...

You have both missed your calling in life. That is friggin' awesome!

Mike & Jen said...

It looks awesome! I thrive on projects like that. It's addicting. I really love how it turned out!!

Castaneda 5 said...

LOVE it!

ty.haley.t-dog.p.babyg said...

love it !!!!!!! miss ya!

Elise said...

Love, love, love it, Rene!